Hello, we are Runecast.
Our Runecast Analyzer is used for mission-critical IT operations from deep sea to space. It catches configuration or security compliance errors in virtualized data centers before they lead to service disruptions or breaches. We are also performing Data Science research on ML and NLP for context-based free text processing to make this process even smarter.
We’re a team of entrepreneur-minded professionals from more than 20 countries – but united, with most of us in our largest operations center in Brno, Czech Republic. Our skills have convinced companies like Verizon, Scania, Fujisoft, the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Erste Bank, Avast, University of St Andrews and many other enterprises (and SMBs) to trust our solution to protect their data centers
We are looking for an outstanding Junior Data Scientist to join our team
We are a small company with a flat hierarchy, so everyone has direct access to the CTO, CEO, and other company founders. We work in self-organized, agile teams where everyone can share ideas and influence how things get done. Our team consists of Java developers, QA specialists, virtualizations experts, AI scientists, UI engineers, and UX designers.
You will join our Data Science team and mostly contribute to an ambitious Natural Language Processing project. While this position doesn’t include any juicy Machine Learning engineering, it could still be great for an aspiring data scientist – to see what things look like in the real world, outside of academia.
You will have the opportunity to:
Based on your skills and preferences, you will work on some of these tasks:
- Data acquisition, cleaning (Beautiful Soup, pandas, regex, SQLAlchemy)
- Deployment of Machine Learning models and Python services (FastAPI, Django, Docker)
- Writing various functions/algorithms needed in the data processing pipeline (pandas, spaCy, other Python libraries, lots of Python)
- Business data processing and visualization (SQL, Python, pandas, Power BI)
- Knowledge graph engineering (Gremlin)
- Open-handed automation of all and any processes of the company (Python, pandas, spaCy, ol' trusty regex, etc.)
Your skills and experience:
- Good knowledge of Python - beyond just basic syntax
- Have some experience with pandas (at least DataFrames, but we’ll be happy to hear any animal stories)
- Self-driven with the ambition to learn new things
- Able to communicate in English
Nice to haves:
- Projects to show on git(hub|lab)
- Have used either Beautiful Soup, spaCy, Flask or similar is some project
- Bc. or MSc. degree in Computer Science or related fields
What we offer:
Enough of requirements! At Runecast, you can enjoy:
- Join us in our Brno office or work from home. We do have an office in Brno, although many of us are working from home at the moment. We also have people working remotely from all over the world.
- Friendly people and great co-founders. People are often mentioned as one of the reasons why we love working at Runecast. Everyone is very friendly, and there is nothing easier than getting in touch with one of the co-founders, as they work among us.
- International team. We are a truly international team. We have our main office in Brno, where you will meet with people from nine different countries. Many people are also distributed over several European countries – from Bulgaria to the UK. Furthermore, we have people working with us from the USA and APAC region, where we are also growing.
- Being part of a growing company, where things feel like a startup. You will have practically full ownership of the recruitment function at Runecast, and you have all the possibilities to shape this. You will get support from co-founders and everyone else.
- Flexible working hours. We don’t care about clocking in and out at specific times. Some of us prefer to work early in the morning, others start later in the day.
- Paid therapy sessions. Mental health is paramount. Speak to a therapist whenever you need to, Runecast will contribute to the sessions.
- Further education and certifications. We'll pay for certifications and courses that will help you to get better.
We encourage you to apply:
Runecast is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic.