Hello, we are Runecast.
Our Runecast Analyzer is used for mission-critical IT operations from deep sea to space. It catches configuration or security compliance errors in virtualized data centers before they lead to service disruptions or breaches. We are also performing Data Science research on ML and NLP for context-based free text processing to make this process even smarter.
We’re a team of entrepreneur-minded professionals from more than 15 countries – but united, with most of us in our largest operations center in Brno, Czech Republic. Our skills have convinced companies like Verizon, Scania, Fujisoft, the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Erste Bank, Avast, University of St Andrews and many other enterprises (and SMBs) to trust our solution to protect their data centers.
We are looking for an outstanding ML/Data Science Engineer to join our team
We are a small company with a flat hierarchy, so everyone has direct access to the CTO, CEO, and other company founders. We work in self-organized, agile teams where everyone can share ideas and influence how things get done. Our team consists of Java developers, QA specialists, virtualizations experts, AI scientists, UI engineers, and UX designers.
As an ML/Data Science Engineer in Runecast, you will join our small ML team based in Brno. In our team, we value new ideas, libraries and outside-the-box thinking. Our ML engineering happens independently (via APIs), which means that we aren't limited and can build the newest technologies as soon as we want. For that, we use mainly Python 3.9, Spacy 3, etc. All ML runs in Docker containers and all code is in Gitlab. We run on weekly sprints.
You will have the opportunity to:
Based on your skills and wishes a subset of:
- Training, validation and deployment of models in our extensive NLP pipeline (Tensorflow/PyTorch with Huggingface sprinkled in)
- Building new pipelines around the NLP modules
- Model wrapping for the backend (FastAPI)
- Prompt engineering for the GPT-3 model
- Knowledge graph engineering (Grakn)
- Open-handed automation of all and any processes of the company (python, pandas, spacy, ol' trusty regex, etc.)
- Telemetry processing and visualization (python, pandas, SQL, Power BI)
Your skills and experience:
- Good knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of any current programming language
- At least one project with Pandas
- Other “knowledge” requirements based on what you wish to do
- Self-driven with the ambition to learn new things
- Able to communicate in English (the team communicates mainly in English)
It would be an advantage if you have:
- Projects to show on git(hub|lab)
- Bc. or Msc. degree in IT/ML/Data science-related fields
- Continuous research and self-study in the field of AI (e.g. Yannic Kilcher)
What we offer:
Enough of requirements! At Runecast, you can enjoy:
- A nice office in the Brno city center at Milady Horákové with international restaurants within a few minutes walk. Do you fancy Indian or Thai cuisine one day and traditional Czech the next? No problem!
- Being part of a growing company that still has the energy of a startup. This means, for example, that our founders work among us every day. You can approach anyone at any time with an idea or lunch suggestion.
- Flexible working hours. We don’t care about clocking in and out at specific times. Some of us prefer to work early in the morning, others arrive later during the day. Work-life balance is important to us.
- Work from the office or home, you decide. If you are not ready/willing to relocate to Brno, you can join our team remotely as well.
- Coffee, cookies, and healthy snacks. We eat around 80kg of apples every year. Fancy a bite?
We encourage you to apply:
Runecast is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic.