Hello, we are Runecast.
Our Runecast Analyzer is used for mission-critical IT operations from deep sea to space. It catches configuration or security compliance errors in virtualized data centers before they lead to service disruptions or breaches. We are also performing Data Science research on ML and NLP for context-based free text processing to make this process even smarter.
We’re a team of entrepreneur-minded professionals from more than 15 countries – but united, with most of us in our largest operations center in Brno, Czech Republic. Our skills have convinced companies like Verizon, Scania, Fujisoft, the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Erste Bank, Avast, University of St Andrews and many other enterprises (and SMBs) to trust our solution to protect their data centers.
We are looking for a remarkable Product Marketing Manager to join our team
We are a small company with a flat hierarchy, so everyone has direct access to the CTO, CEO, and other company founders. We work in self-organized, agile teams where everyone can share ideas and influence how things get done. Our team consists of trailblazers from a variety of industry backgrounds, who love to ‘growth hack’ new ideas and try to balance both data and experience to ‘cut through the noise’ and spread the word about Runecast.
This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches and play a key role in bringing our marketing, sales and engineering teams together to create one unified voice to our customers and the market.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging together with Marketing that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that help drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) on Runecast Analyzer capabilities and understand the pain points that those solve for IT environments.
- Provide market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Provide guidance to customer-facing teams to ensure that the value of Runecast Analyzer for mission-critical IT stability and security gets conveyed in the most effective ways.
- Provide feedback to the team on market trends and share ideas for the Runecast Analyzer roadmap, working as a ‘bridge’ between R&D and Marketing/Sales teams.
- Work closely with other teams to create and broadcast attention-grabbing technical content such as webinars, blog articles, infographics, presentation slides, white papers, ebooks, videos, and more.
- Maintain and continue to grow our industry influencer network with promotional campaigns agreed with Marketing and regular technical briefings (e.g. exclusive demo prior to a new release).
- Be able to assist the CEO with analyst relations (AR), consisting primarily of periodic vendor briefings to industry analysts.
- Travel to industry events or partner headquarters as a Runecast subject matter expert (SME).
Your skills and experience:
- 4-5 years of experience in product / technical marketing, technical presales, and/or similar roles (but we are not hung up on numbers here, show us what you can do!).
- Strong knowledge of the core technologies covered by Runecast Analyzer (currently AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and the VMware product suite), their pain points, and other competitive solutions available for each.
- Strong knowledge of CNAPP, Cloud Security, Data Protection or general cloud security best practices and experience in working / launching products in this space.
- Solid understanding of product life cycles and buyer journeys for both, on-prem and SaaS products would be an advantage.
- Ability to envision big-picture industry trends/transitions and understand what that means for business strategy and acumen (for both Runecast and our customers).
- Proficient English-language communication skills, with proven expertise in the area of technical communications.
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting with global audiences that have varied technical abilities.
- Knowledge of DevOps-focused tools would be an added advantage: Ansible, DSC, Chef, Puppet or other automation tools, REST APIs.
- Able to travel periodically to represent Runecast at events (pandemic permitting).
What we offer:
- Friendly people and great co-founders. People are often mentioned as one of the reasons why we love working at Runecast. Everyone is very friendly, and there is nothing easier than getting in touch with one of the co-founders, as they work among us.
- International team. We are a truly international team. We have our main office in Brno, where you will meet with people from nine different countries. Many people are also distributed over several European countries – from Bulgaria to the UK. Furthermore, we have people working with us from the USA and APAC region, where we are also growing.
- Being part of a growing company, where things feel like a startup. We are not big on a ten-step process just to get approval for one tiny change. We are all working together and we value input from everyone.
- Flexible working hours. We don’t care about clocking in and out at specific times. Some of us prefer to work early in the morning, others start later in the day.
- Join us in our Brno office or work from home. We do have an office in Brno, although many of us are working from home at the moment. We also have people working remotely from all over the world.
- Paid therapy sessions. Mental health is paramount. Speak to a therapist whenever you need to, Runecast will contribute to the sessions.
- Further education and certifications. We'll pay for certifications and courses that will help you to get better.
We encourage you to apply:
Runecast is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic.