- No baseline to compare current configuration against.
- Difficulty ensuring consistency within a vSphere cluster, as well as other ecosystems.
- Making sure that all of your pods and containers have the relevant security context.
- Even seasoned admins can forget to document changes made to an environment.
- Increasingly complex environments take longer and longer to troubleshoot, and misconfigurations are often to blame.
- Upgrade windows don’t always go to plan, are forgotten, or could be delayed for various reasons.
- People get busy and just want to get the business back online no matter what.
- The dreaded ‘bill shock’ of cloud services that have changed.
Nowadays, unchecked configuration drift leads to ‘bill shock’ or worse
Nowadays, unchecked configuration drift leads to ‘bill shock’ or worse One of the least addressed challenges when managing IT environments is visibility into exactly how your environment is configured at any given time – and being able to determine when and where any changes have occurred.
Configuration management, built into Runecast Analyzer
Configuration management, built into Runecast Analyzer. Consistent configuration is a crucial part of stable and predictable infrastructure. Runecast Analyzer maps out your configuration and enables you to compare changes between points in time. Choose a historical reference point and compare your current configuration, to see when and where changes occurred.
- Detects and tracks configuration changes over time and shows the data in color-coded, before-and-after format.
- Saves the most recent configuration snapshot of the environment with each scan.
- Storing configuration details allows you to go back in time, over days, months or years, even if a virtual machine has been deleted from your inventory.
- Find out what has changed in your environment without having to spend hours figuring it out.
- Configuration Vault is the fastest way to understand what has changed and when.
- Turn any object into a baseline and immediately see all the differences between your baseline and other machines highlighted in red.
- Currently there is coverage for most parts of VMware vSphere, VMware Horizon, AWS, Kubernetes, NSX, vCD and of course Azure, so you can track changes whatever your cloud of choice is.
- Configuration management helps customers be audit-ready, shorten troubleshooting time and serves as a central place for any kind of custom configuration analysis
- For more, check out our Configuration Vault Deep Dive.