Passing through security audits is a challenging and time-consuming activity that requires deep expertise and comprehensive knowledge of many different security rules. Luckily, you don’t have to do it manually, since Runecast Analyzer covers automated security compliance analysis for PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and DISA STIG.
With Runecast Analyzer version 2.7.3, we extended our current automated and continuous security report with the ability to customize PCI-DSS criteria based on your enterprise-specific security requirements.
Based on the precise needs of your enterprise or industry you can:
- Set the maximum amount of time before automatically disabling local and remote shell access (in seconds). Default value: 900
- Specify the password complexity policy.
- Specify NTP servers for time synchronization. Multiple servers are supported and must be separated with a comma. Default value: at least one NTP server.
- Set up the maximum vpxuser password age, before automatic renewal (in days). Default value: 60
- Specify remote host to output logs. Multiple hosts are supported and must be separated with a comma. Default value: at least one Syslog server
How it looks in Runecast Analyzer:
Editable PCI-DSS will help you to keep your VMware data center audit-ready all the time and comply not only with industry standards but also your internal security policies. Following the list of Runecast-detected issues and potential vulnerabilities as your TO-DO list will help you to ensure security compliance.
Mitigation and automated detection of security vulnerabilities (such as Spectre, Meltdown, L1FT, MDS/Zombieload and more) is a priority for us and that’s why we always keep Runecast Analyzer up to date with the latest version of VMware KBs, security hardening guides, and industry best practices.
Webinar: Stress-free PCI-DSS auditing in VMware Data Centers
Hope you enjoy this feature as much as we enjoyed developing it.
Your Runecast Team