While Runecast Analyzer supports and proactively helps you protect the VMware SDDC stack (vSphere, vSAN, NSX), VMware Horizon is one of the products that we have been consistently asked to support as well. We are now happy to deliver it! This beta is available for all Runecast customers and vExperts with a valid NFR license.
We are looking forward to receiving your feedback on the proactive issue scanning in your Horizon environment. Your feedback will help us fine-tune the product prior to its GA release. Of course, we are more than willing to assist you with any aspect of your beta testing.
Horizon Beta Main Functionality:
- Support for the proactive issue detection in VMware Horizon (versions 7.4 – 7.6 supported in the Beta, for GA supported versions will be: 6.1 – 7.6)
- Horizon Best Practice analysis and reporting
- Automatic correlation of Horizon and vSphere objects for proactive configuration issue analysis
How Can I Get the Horizon Beta?
If you are an existing Runecast Customer or a VMware vExpert, sign up to our beta program to get a 14-day license.
How Can I Scan My Horizon Deployment?
First, deploy the beta as a separate appliance in your environment (2 cores, 4 GB RAM and 30 GB available hard drive space). Then navigate to Dashboard.
1. Click Add Horizon and enter your Horizon Connection server IP/FQDN and credentials.
2. Add the vCenters which are used by this Horizon Connection server (this is needed for the correlation between the Horizon objects and vSphere objects).
3. Click Analyze Now to scan your environments.
You will be able to see now issues that were discovered on your Horizon environment in Issue list, Config KBs discovered and Best Practices. You can always filter by Product in order to focus just the Horizon related issues.
The Horizon Connection server and its children will also appear in the Inventory view.
The connection server will appear in the Context menu also: